Hospice Angels Foundation was founded in 2004 as hospice social workers were seeing their patients and families struggle in areas that existing human service organizations did not aid. They began reaching out to the C.E.O of their employer, Hospice Advantage, asking for his help and he began granting wishes out of his own pocket. That C.E.O, Rod Hildebrant, then established Hospice Angels and currently serves as the board chairperson. Hospice Angels is a single agency operating through a trusted network of licensed social workers, grief professionals, and volunteers throughout the Midwest and Southern United States. Hospice Angels has provided over $1,000,000 in direct aid and support programming to families in need over the last 4 years.
Hospice Angels operates five unique programs
- Shelter Me provides aid to terminally ill individuals for basic needs involving shelter.
- Wish with Me grants last wishes and dreams to terminally ill adults.
- Comfort Me supports the bereavement and healthy grieving of disadvantaged families through aid for ceremonies.
- Camp Good Grief/Bravery programs are annual camps focused on healthy grieving for children who have lost a loved one.
- Project GG: Good Grief provides a comfort package and therapeutic grief support to a child experiencing the loss of a loved one.